Information we collect
This section details the information we may collect about you. We explain why, and how, we use it in later sections.
General information and enquiries
We do not collect any personal data about you on our Sites (website and social media pages). If, however, you decide to enquire about one of our products or services on our Sites, you may provide us with some specific information, for example:
- Basic personal details – such as name, title;
- Personal contact details – such as address, phone number, mobile phone number, and email address;
- Work details – such as job title, department, company name, company address, work email address and office phone number.
On occasion, we will ask you to voluntarily provide information, for example:
- Your opinion of our products and services;
- Your career details and CV if you use our Sites when we post vacancies
- Your contributions to open source fora and sites that we support.
Information we obtain through cookies and similar tools
Lawful basis for processing
|Communicating with you, our clients or other persons in the course of our business||To support our legitimate interests in managing our business and providing services to our clients provided such interests are not overridden by the rights and interests of the data subjects concerned|
|Providing our services to clients and managing our business|
|Maintaining and operating our Sites|
|Marketing to you about our services||Consent – which you may withdraw at anytime|
|Processing of job applications||To assist with employment of candidate and to perform or enter into a contract with the data subject and to support our legitimate interests in managing our business and providing services to our clients provided such interests are not overridden by the rights and interests of the data subjects concerned|
|Transferring information to third parties, including to our own service providers||To support our legitimate interests in managing our business and providing services to our clients provided such interests are not overridden by the rights and interests of the data subjects concerned, to comply with our legal obligations and to protect vital interests.|
We will retain personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, as required by law or regulatory guidance to which we are subject and for the exercise or defence of legal claims that may be brought by or against us.
We will retain personal data about job applicant candidates for no more than one year or when the job hiring process is concluded, whichever is sooner.
Who we share your personal information with
We disclose personal information to facilitate the running of our business or to provide specific services you have requested. Commonly, we will disclose information to:
- Service providers – We engage service providers who help to support our business and improve our products. These service providers include, for example, fulfilment providers for delivery of our digital content and marketing; customer service agencies; hosts, organisers and sponsors of our events; organisations that host our Sites or databases; and providers of online surveys.
- Social media providers – Information will be shared with social media platforms where you log in to our Sites via a social media account, or use components on our Sites provided by social media platforms.
- Other users – Our Sites are publicly accessible and anyone around the world who accesses our Sites will be able to see anything you post, such as comments or postings.
Links to other websites
Under data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include :
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification of your personal data – you can manage some of this information in your account.
You can exercise these rights through your account or by contacting or our Data Protection Compliance Manager.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Ireland, this is the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC).
How we keep your personal information secure
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that our users’ information is protected against unauthorised or accidental access, use, alteration, or loss.
We cannot guarantee the complete security of our Sites, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
If you have a query in regards to the processing of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Compliance Manager directly at email@example.com.
Quaternion Risk Management Limited
Registered Office : 54 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, D02 X308, Ireland
Registered Number : 491195
This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.